POSITION: Team Member of growing and expanding central Ohio Landscaping
Company. Position is part time, leading to full time in March of 2008.
EXCELLENT career prospects within this forward thinking firm for
quality educated and experienced people. We have a very low turn over
rate with very satisfied team members. We are conscious about quality
work, attention to detail and expect team members to do the same.
Position will include a variety of work including mowing, clean ups,
Christmas lights, snow plowing, fertilization and new design and
installation. Applicants must be able to work in a team atmosphere and
share responsibility for every phase of projects.
EDUCATION REQUIRED: We require that you have experience in the industry
of four years or more or hold a degree in landscaping from an
accredited educational institution of higher learning. Those who hold
certifications including OCNT, Commercial Applicator, industry
certification training programs or BS or Associate degrees will receive
greater consideration. We hold a high standard for all employees. We
may drug test and will conduct background checks. We will not hire
individuals with a criminal background.
- Observes ongoing work to ascertain if work is being performed
according to instructions and will be completed on time.
- Determines work priority and equipment requirements, works well
as a team member in projects such as planting, fertilizing, irrigating,
- Directs and assists workers engaged in maintenance and repair of
equipment such as power mower, using hand tools and power tools.
- Communicates with team members to develop plans and schedules for
maintenance and improvement of grounds.
- Maintains and completes employee records including time records
and daily work performed.
- Trains and instructs team members in tasks, such as transplanting
and pruning trees and shrubs, finishing cement, using equipment, and
caring for turf.
- Mixes and prepares spray and dust solutions, and directs
application of fertilizer, insecticide, and fungicide. Willing to seek
- Motivating, developing, and team building skills with team
members, identifying the best people for the job.
- Time Management -- Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Speaking -- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Judgment and Decision Making -- Considers the relative costs and
benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Active Listening -- Giving full attention to what other people
are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking
questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Systems Evaluation -- Identifying measures or indicators of
system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct
performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Equipment Selection -- Determining the kind of tools and
equipment needed to do a job.
- Management of Material Resources -- Obtaining and seeing to the
appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do
- Speech Clarity -- The ability to speak clearly so others can
- Oral Comprehension -- The ability to listen to and understand
information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Visualization -- The ability to imagine how something will look
after it is moved around or when its parts are moved or rearranged.
- Information Ordering -- The ability to arrange things or actions
in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of
rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures,
- Manual Dexterity -- The ability to quickly move your hand, your
hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or
- Deductive Reasoning -- The ability to apply general rules to
specific problems to produce answers that make sense.